More than ever before, finance professionals need extensive training to be successful. And at Johnson & Wales, that’s exactly what you’ll get. This online program will teach you how to make the most of complex financial software and theory to help you find value for your clients. As a student in this master's degree program, you can choose one of two tracks designed to help you become a financial planner or a Chartered Financial Analyst.
If your interest lies in financial planning, it's important to know that JWU offers the CFP Certification Professional Education Program. This program is registered with the CFP Board, which means that students can meet the Education requirement and qualify to sit for CFP® Certification Examination administered by the CFP Board. Only about 200 institutions of higher education nationwide meet such a requirement. (See www.cfp.net/ for information pertaining to CFP certification requirements.)
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Apply knowledge of financial theories and practices to solve organizational and consumer economic challenges.
- Apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods to solve financial problems.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills as a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Critique and interpret financial data to assess and improve entity performance within a moral and ethical framework.
- Earn your degree at your own pace in as little as 15 months with our accelerated schedule
- Professionally accredited faculty with subject matter expertise worked closely with the thought leaders in the field to design a program that mirrors the needs of today’s market demands
- Specialize in one of two areas designed to help you become a financial planner or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Embrace the flexibility of a fully online program and take your career to the next level
- If you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. For more on graduate admissions requirements, click here
- Financial Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Financial Reporting & Control
- Fundamentals of Investment & Portfolio Management
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree.
Johnson & Wales University also offers an online Master of Business Administration — Finance degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Finance careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
“The Master of Science — Finance prepares students precisely for the challenges in today's business world. The program provides a practical way to build the fundamental skills that multinational firms are seeking in their future leaders.” — Alex Gialanella, PhD