Craft your future and prepare for a career in a growing field with an online instructional design & technology degree from Johnson & Wales University.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, career opportunities are expected to grow 10 percent over the next decade for individuals who can develop and design innovative learning experiences for business and universities. This online instructional design master's degree blends a solid foundation in learning theory with a thorough understanding of current technologies and design principles used in corporate and higher education.
Graduates of this program are well-positioned to pursue a variety of instructional design careers, including instructional technologist, curriculum and assessment director, curriculum designer, instructional coordinator, training specialist, business development manager, learning systems manager, and instructional content designer, among others.
Now enrolling for Fall 2019!
- Complete your degree in less than 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Use andragogical principles/theories, relevant research, evidence-based science and best practices to design engaging learning experiences.
- Analyze and apply project management methodology to the effective implementation of learning experiences.
- Integrate appropriate technologies in instructional design projects in order to enhance student learning and motivation.
- Align learning experiences to desired outcomes and create assessment strategies to evaluate learning.
- Use advanced software to design instructional materials that meet the needs of diverse learners, incorporating Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
- Earn your degree at your own pace with our accelerated schedule
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Benefit from challenging coursework, designed to build your management skills
- Engage in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Theoretical Foundations of Learning, Design, and Technology
- Strategic Assessment and Evaluation
- Emerging Trends in Multimedia
- And more
Click here for complete course information on this program.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree.