During this online Master of Science – Nonprofit Management degree program, you’ll explore the diverse landscape of the nonprofit industry while learning the skills needed to pursue leadership or management positions for organizations like hospitals; local, state and federal agencies; charitable establishments; social welfare institutions; churches; and more. As a graduate, you will develop a nuanced understanding of the way nonprofits operate and succeed on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
- Complete your degree in 15 months
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
In addition to gaining a broad understanding of the industry as a whole, you’ll learn about:
- Resource development
- Finance and budgeting for nonprofits
- Quantitative and qualitative methods to evaluate programs for effectiveness, efficiency, equity and other organizational goals
- Effective management techniques in the nonprofit sector
- Theories, policies and practices of nonprofit management to facilitate collaboration between public/nonprofit and private/nonprofit organizations
- Concepts and theories used to assess the social and ethical responsibilities of nonprofit organizations
- Earn your nonprofit management degree at your own pace, in as little as 15 months with our accelerated schedule
- Learn from faculty with years of real-world experience in the nonprofit sector
- Benefit from curriculum informed by today’s nonprofit employers – learn the skills they’re looking for
- Benefit from challenging coursework designed to build your management skills
- If you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. For more on graduate admissions requirements, click here
A nonprofit management degree from Johnson & Wales prepares you for work with nonprofits or other local, state, and federal agencies. You can use your knowledge of allocation, budgeting, and industry-specific entrepreneurial techniques to lead charitable organizations, hospitals, churches, educational institutions, and social welfare entities to success. The vital issues addressed by this sector require leaders with a thorough understanding of the complex nonprofit landscape. Click here to discover more about nonprofit management jobs and career potential.
- Theory and Practice of Nonprofit Management
- Personnel Deployment in Nonprofits
- Methodological, Decision-Making and Analytic Techniques
- Public, Private and Nonprofit Collaboration
- Social Entrepreneurship
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.
“I try to learn as much from students as they are learning from me. I challenge them to teach me and illustrate how the course content directly affects their lives.” — M. Tom Eskey Jr., DPA