During this online Master of Science – Nonprofit Management degree program, you’ll explore the diverse landscape of the nonprofit industry while learning the skills needed to pursue leadership or management positions for organizations like hospitals; local, state and federal agencies; charitable establishments; social welfare institutions; churches; and more. As a graduate, you will develop a nuanced understanding of the way nonprofits operate and succeed on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 96.8% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
In addition to gaining a broad understanding of the industry as a whole, you’ll learn about:
- Apply knowledge of the resource development, financial and budgeting aspects of nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current management practices in the nonprofit sector. Use appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods to evaluate programs against standards of mission effectiveness, efficiency, equity and other nonprofit goals.
- Apply appropriate decision-making processes and skills to effectively manage nonprofit organizations.
- Apply theories, policies and practices of nonprofit management to facilitate collaborative efforts between public/nonprofit and private/nonprofit organizations.
- Apply concepts, theories and skills to assess the social and ethical responsibilities of nonprofit organizations.
- Earn your nonprofit management degree at your own pace, in as little as 15 months with our accelerated schedule
- Learn from faculty with years of real-world experience in the nonprofit sector
- Benefit from curriculum informed by today’s nonprofit employers – learn the skills they’re looking for
- Benefit from challenging coursework designed to build your management skills
- If you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. Learn more about graduate admissions requirements.
- Theory and Practice of Nonprofit Management
- Personnel Deployment in Nonprofits
- Methodological, Decision-Making and Analytic Techniques
- Public, Private and Nonprofit Collaboration
- Social Entrepreneurship
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
“I try to learn as much from students as they are learning from me. I challenge them to teach me and illustrate how the course content directly affects their lives.” — M. Tom Eskey Jr., DPA