Are you interested in pursuing a leadership career in the trillion-dollar global sports industry? Our online master of science degree in Sport Leadership is a 10 course, 45-credit program for individuals looking to break into the vast world of sports. Courses within this unique graduate degree examine the social and business issues that are critical to sport leadership. Graduates of this program will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to seek leadership positions in all facets of the sports industry.
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
What can you do with a master’s degree in sport leadership? As a student in the program, you’ll acquire the ability to:
- Connect leadership principles and knowledge of the sport industry operations to advance organizational objectives and support strategic initiative
- Author operational strategies necessary to foster a culture of collaboration, engagement and tolerance within a sports organization
- Demonstrate the written and verbal communication competencies required of leaders in the sports management industry
- Integrate research, leadership theory and quantitative data to generate informed and socially responsible decisions
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of sport management and leadership careers
The global sports management industry encompasses a variety of employment areas that include, but are not limited to: sports marketing, sports events, sports equipment and apparel, sports sponsorships, professional sports, intercollegiate athletics, sports facilities and venues, sport Recreation, sports media, sports tourism and adventure.
While pursuing your online sport leadership master’s degree, you’ll take major courses like:
- Human Resource Management
- Effective Leadership
- Sports and Entertainment Venues & Events, Development and Management
- Global Issues in Sports Leadership
- Effective Communication Strategies in Sport
- And More
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.