Bachelor of Science – Fashion Merchandising & Retailing
to complete your degree
student to faculty ratio
career outcomes rate
If a management, merchandising, marketing, or public relations position within the vast retail industry is your goal, our online Fashion Merchandising & Retailing bachelor’s degree is for you.
This 100 percent online degree program prepares students for careers in fashion and retail in areas such as retail sales management, fashion showroom management, executive store management, marchandise buying, visual merchandising, fashion marketing and forecasting, and more. Students may apply skills learned in this degree program to opportunities such as directed experiential education, internships, summer work, or study abroad programs. These programs are tailored based on the student’s learning, interests, and professional goals. Students may also meet with faculty advisers to select a specific career focus.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Interested in understanding what you can do with a fashion merchandising degree? As a student in the Fashion Merchandising & Retailing program, you’ll acquire the ability to:
- Apply the major concepts and skills related to the global fashion industry.
- Communicate effectively for diverse audiences, purposes and situations through a variety of professional methods as required in fashion and retailing industries.
- Use industry resources to address contemporary issues in global fashion.
- Apply profitability and analytical competencies necessary for careers in fashion merchandising and retailing.
- Develop targeted forecasts of the production and acquisition of consumer goods consistent with ethical business practices.
WHY EARN YOUR FASHION MERCHANDISING & RETAILING DEGREE ONLINE WITH JWU?
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers in fashion merchandising
Upon graduation, students are prepared for entry-level fashion merchandising careers in areas such as retail sales and showroom management, merchandise buying, visual merchandising, fashion merchandising & retail marketing, fashion forecasting, blogging, fashion promotion and textiles.
While pursuing your degree in Fashion Merchandising & Retailing, you’ll take major courses like:
- Introduction to Retail and Fashion
- The Textiles Industry
- Retail and Fashion Lab
- Strategic Planning in the Fashion Industry
- And more
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Want to explore careers in this field? Through Lightcast’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Lightcast. Lightcast has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.