Are you looking to work in an emerging segment of the hospitality industry that pairs customer service expertise with property management? This online BS - Residential Hospitality Management from Johnson & Wales University might just be for you!
The demand for experienced residential community and property managers is growing—at least 11 percent over the next decade, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That means there are numerous opportunities for graduates looking to break into property management roles. In this online undergraduate program, students will be introduced to the various aspects of residential hospitality administration and operation and will explore the properties and positions available within the industry, including luxury apartments, resorts, and wellness facilities.
Students will take courses focused on risk and security factors, human resources, guest service, and residential law.
- Complete your degree in 4 years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program graduates are expected to:
- Analyze the major concepts, skills and trends important to the management of residential properties to ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Communicate professionally within the residential hospitality industry.
- Apply financial reasoning, performance analysis and trend analysis as decision support tools to maximize property owners’ return on investment.
- Leverage guest service principles to attract and retain guests and enhance their residential experience.
- Develop sustainable property maintenance and risk management plans to enhance property value.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Benefit from our global network of hospitality industry connections
Students in this program will take courses such as:
- Leading Service Excellence in the Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Residential Property Operations Management
- Resort, Vacation Ownership and Spa Management
- Leadership in Recreation/Leisure Settings
- Real Estate
- And more
Graduates of this residential hospitality management program will be prepared for a variety of opportunities in every U.S. market and many international markets.
*Graduates of this program will receive a Bachelor of Science degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Residential Hospitality Management careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
"The Residential Hospitality industry is a best-kept secret! With this degree, students will be poised to enter management roles in all property types, including luxury apartments, resorts, and continuing care communities. These jobs typically pay well and the hours are great!"
—Paul Bagdan, Ph.D.