Are you looking to work in an emerging segment of the hospitality industry that pairs customer service expertise with property management? This online BS - Residential Hospitality Management from Johnson & Wales University might just be for you!
The demand for experienced property and residential community managers is growing—at least 11 percent over the next decade, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That means there are numerous opportunities for graduates looking to break into property management roles. In this online undergraduate program, students will be introduced to the various aspects of residential hospitality administration and operation and will explore the properties and positions available within the industry, including luxury apartments, resorts, and wellness facilities.
Students will take courses focused on risk and security factors, human resources, guest service, and residential law.
Apply today! This degree program is launching in Fall 2018.
- Complete your degree in 4 years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program graduates are expected to:
- Analyze the major concepts, skills, and trends important to the management of residential properties to ensure properties meet performance targets.
- Apply financial reasoning, performance analysis, and trend analysis as support tools to maximize property owners’ return on investment.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply guest service skills to attract and retain guests and enhance their residential experience.
- Develop property maintenance and risk management plans (including environmental concerns connected with property ownership) to preserve and enhance property value.
- Communicate professionally within the residential hospitality industry.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Benefit from our global network of hospitality industry connections
Students in this program will take courses such as:
- Leading Service Excellence in the Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Residential Property Operations Management
- Resort, Vacation Ownership and Spa Management
- Leadership in Recreation/Leisure Settings
- Real Estate
- And more
Graduates of this residential hospitality management program will be prepared for a variety of opportunities in every U.S. market and many international markets.
For more information, read the BS - Residential Hospitality Management program overview.
*Graduates of this program will receive a Bachelor of Science degree.
"The Residential Hospitality industry is a best-kept secret! With this degree, students will be poised to enter management roles in all property types, including luxury apartments, resorts, and continuing care communities. These jobs typically pay well and the hours are great!"
—Paul Bagdan, Ph.D.