Earning a master’s degree in criminal justice online can open doors to career advancement and wider employment opportunities in the criminal justice field. Learn from faculty with decades of firsthand experience at the local, state, and governmental levels. Study the latest theories and practices for preventing criminal activity, explore how the system works both inside and outside the courts, and examine the ethics at play every day in this dynamic field.
What Courses Do Criminal Justice Students Take?
The American criminal justice system is a complex, intricate machine. In order to navigate it, you’ll need an understanding of its policies and practices. A strong moral foundation, as well as leadership and communication skills will take you far. Here is a sampling of courses to prepare you for a future in the field:
- Advanced Administration of Criminal Justice
- Contemporary Criminology and Crime Prevention
- Criminal Justice Ethics and Diversity in a Global Environment
- Criminal Justice Research Methods
- Juvenile Justice Issues
- And More
Read More: Do You Need a Criminal Justice Degree?
What Career Opportunities are Available to Criminal Justice Graduates?
Jobs in the criminal justice field are exciting and different every day. Here’s how you could put your master’s degree to work:
- Emergency management director
- Police or detective supervisor
- Security management specialist
- Criminal Investigator/Special Agent
- Immigration and Customs Inspector
Want to learn more about earning your graduate degree in criminal justice with Johnson & Wales University? For more information, complete the “Request Info” form on this page or call 855-JWU-1881.