- Assistant Department Chair for the Sports, Entertainment, Event - Management Department
- Faculty of the Year Award Recipient, 2015
- IFEA, "Creating a Healthy Event" Denver, CO (September 2012)
- IFEA, "Degrees of Support: Strategies for Partnering with Colleges and Universities to Promote and Execute Your Event" Denver, CO (September 2012)
- NEAAN, "Creating a Culture of Asessment" presented at The College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA (November 2013)
- NCAA Student-Athlete Recognition Day, Keynote Speaker (April 2014)
- Northeastern University, "Leading Change Conference: Poster Presentation" Boston, MA (July 2015)
BS, Providence College
MS, Canisius College
Ed.D., Northeastern University
Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) by the America Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
Certified TEAM Trainer through the Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management (TEAM Coalition) Instructor Development Program
What online courses could a student possibly take from you?
SPL6070 Effective Communication Strategies in Sport
SPL6150 Advanced Marketing Methods in Sport
What do you like most about teaching online?
I truly enjoy the ability to teach a diverse array of students. From a practitioner's standpoint, I have truly embraced the online delivery methodology and will always promote any vehicle to advance learning and knowledge.
How do you bring the industry to life in class?
I am a big believer in practical application of knowledge; as a result, I promote experiential learning in all classes I teach. I strive to ensure students are focused on continually developing their personal brand and professional portfolio. This happens through experiential learning opportunities.
Do you have any career advice for prospective students?
Find the leader in you. Everyone is blessed with leadership qualities, but it is up to you to optimize them. Be proactive, not reactive. Only you know what you want. Set your goals, channel the leader in you, and accomplish them!