Never before has more information been gathered—and data collection shows no signs of slowing down. Smart organizations need skilled professionals to preserve, maintain, and guard these valuable assets. Students will explore business continuity, incident response, cyberscience, and other aspects of IT operations—all with a firm business administration foundation. If your goals include a career in information security or you want to increase your knowledge in the field, this online MBA information security degree will position you to excel.
- Complete your degree in less than 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry experts
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Integrate information security solutions through the alignment of appropriate security methodologies to different security situations.
- Earn your degree at your own pace with our accelerated schedule
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Benefit from challenging coursework, designed to build your management skills
- Engage in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
As a student in this program, you’ll take courses such as:
- Effective Leadership
- Foundations of Information Security Management
- Risk Management and Incident Response
- Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law
- Cyber Science and IT Business Operations
- And More
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Information Security/Assurance careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
"Graduates will be better qualified for jobs that require IT expertise and prepared for management roles." —Jim Sheusi